3.19.2010

I. The Most Dangerous Year.

The most dangerous year of a woman's life must be her forty ninth. I know it is for me. I've changed jobs, lost my husband, lost my home, had a lump removed, my mother doesn't know who I am and my daughter came out of the closet while on a morphine drip after a car accident that left her car-less and homeless. There's more. Lot's more. But that will drip out slowly on it's own.

Oh yeah. And I fell in love.

Age can be irrelevant until you wake up one day and start looking backward and forward and asking yourself inane, unanswerable questions. For me that day was August 3, 2009. The biggest question: "What was I thinking?"

Eight months later I'm realizing that on August 3, 2010 I will be 50 years old and she will be 25. And until August 31, 2010 she will be half my age and I will be twice her age. Now the question begs, "What was I doing at 25 and how did I get here? And is she going to end up in the same place?" God, I hope not.

Ah, the different perspectives. Two views of the world inexplicably intertwined by two women sharing so much yet so incredibly different. So much to write about!

Case in point: she's a beta tester for a new website http://www.fantourage.com/fz/210/fantourage and invited me to play on the site before it was live. It's a site for fan and celebrity interaction and we both just loved it. One of the goals is to get feedback or interaction from celebrities so we follow them on Twitter. Or maybe stalk them is more appropriate? Anyway...I get a frantic text at work one day from her. Liz Feldman tweeted and retweeted her! OMG, LMAO, WTF etc.

Pretty impressive, I must say. Until Hugh Grant tweeted and retweeted me! I'm sorry but Hugh Grant beats the lesbian comedian any day of the week. I don't care who you are.  Oh, btw, Hugh doesn't turn 50 years old until September 9, 2010 but that's OK, I like younger men.


So I'm having an interesting year and we've started this blog to share our two perspectives. Since I have Hugh Grant on my mind, all I can tell you is that for me, it's all About A Boy. And that Boy kissed me on my forty ninth birthday and the year became very dangerous indeed. ~Dazzledgirl

1 comment:

  1. Oh brilliant! Enjoy those kisses! I loved reading this!

    ReplyDelete